Inspired by Valentine’s day coming soon, we modified our favorite classic edible chocolate chip cookie dough, to the Red Velvet. Eggless edible cookie dough is possible and delicious. Imagine a single serving of edible cookie dough stored in your fridge. Ready to support any of those sweet cravings, that can happen all of the sudden.
My favorite treat: quick, easy and delicious
Edible Cookie dough has a very special place in our hearts. After years of being been told: DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH! I wanted my kids to experience the satisfaction of what edible cookie dough is all about.
I found multiple recipes and developed my own. We constantly change the ingredient to better fit what we have in the pantry or to match a theme, a holiday.
Edible cookie dough is the first recipe my kids made 100% by themselves.
There is no cooking or cutting required, just mixing ingredients.
I made it a few times with them, they loved the result.
Rapidly they figure out they could do it and everyone was savoring the handmade treats. This simple recipe was a solid base to the beginning of their cooking adventure. The confidence that this brought to them was and still is priceless.
How do we make it?
This recipe does not contain any egg whites. We made sure to add our secret ingredient…. maple syrup.
1 ½ cup all-purpose unbleached flour
3 TBSP cacao powder
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ butter room temp
1/3 cup raw sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup milk
1 tsp maple syrup
½ cup valentine M&M
Red food coloring
- In a stand-up mixer bowl mix butter, raw sugar, brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add flour, cacao powder, cornstarch, baking soda, salt. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. If the dough is too thick, start incorporating milk.
- Add all the milk & Maple syrup. Mix well, don’t overmix. The dough will be thick.
- Add the red food coloring to the desired color.
- Add M&Ms
We love using a mini cookie scoop. The scoops are the perfect bite-size for serving the cookie dough on a plate. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes and it’s ready to serve.
What we like about cookie dough
- It is rapidly made
- Loved by everyone
- It can be adapted to any recipe you want. Currently, we are working on a St-Patrick’s Day and an Inside Out (Cacao powder dough with white chocolate chips) version.
Make sure you store it in a container in the fridge.
Have fun cooking and when you make this recipe tag me @homeschoolquest. I want to cheer you up for your work.