This Gummy recipe was a total guess. I had no idea how it will turn out, what it will taste like and if anyone would like it. First time to work with gelatin. So, I took it as a science experiment and off I went into my laboratory conveniently located in the kitchen.
To make the Lemon & Maple Syrup Gummies you will need:
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mold (see note)
- Parchment paper
Note for the MOLD: I did not have a “Gummy Mold” per se or any type of candy mold to make this recipe. I took one of my glass storage containers (a round one which I lined with parchment paper). It was a little thicker than I wanted, so I cut it to little cube size and made perfect little treat.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (if you like it sweeter you can add up to 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 4-5 TBSP gelatin (I used 4 envelopes from Knox)
NOTE: For the recipe, I included cinnamon and ginger, which I think brings the perfect little addition. They are optional, if you don’t like them, don’t use them.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil
- Once boiling, take it off the heat, add lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon & ginger. Mix well.
- Add gelatin and mix vigorously with a whisk
- Pour into a silicone mold or any glass container (if using a glass container, I lined it with parchment paper for ease of removal)
- Store in the fridge until it sets
- Take out of the molds and cut into pieces
- Before putting in the fridge, I suggest you try the mixture and see if you need to add maple syrup or lemon juice.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container
Do you like the recipe? Get your copy HERE